Monday, July 11, 2011

Graham Michael - 4 Months!

Time sure does fly ;) Graham is 4 months and could not be more of a sweet blessing. He is SO big and growing more and more daily! He has his 4 month check-up and shots :( on the 15th. So I'll re-post with length and weight then. I know on 7/1/11 he was 16 pounds! BIG BOY! I now know why after hours of holding him my arms, neck, and back ache! July is such an exciting month for us, because it's when we found out we were pregnant with Graham last year! Although we didn't tell very many people until September, we were ecstatic! It was July 12th actually! Such a memorable day ... I started the day wedding dress shopping with Amy :) then I spent the day at the hospital witnessing one of my best friend's daughters birth! It was such a joyous and special moment! That night I took a test and discovered we had been blessed as well! Words cannot describe the feeling that rushed through me when I found out. In fact I'm trying to work on Graham's baby book ... and that's a section I keep leaving blank because I can't find the perfect words to tell him how I felt when I found out I was pregnant with him hmmmm. Anyway, we stay super busy! I work twice a week (still adjusting) and we spend the rest of the time doing whatever we want! It's SO nice! Caleb will be home soon and we will spend lots of time just the 3 of us :) And we are actually about to brave our first road trip/weekend getaway with Graham! We will be heading to a lake house for the weekend with the McCoys and The Grimes Family! We are SOOOO excited! I mean ... those two families love us and Graham .... so no matter how much of a mess we are on our first vacation, they still have to love us anyway!;) At 4 months Graham is ...

eating rice cereal TWICE day whew! He loves it ... and we all love how full it makes his tummy!

wearing a size 3 diaper and 6 month clothing.

drinking 8 ounces bottles about 4 to 5 times a day (this is still in transition!)

STILL loves those walks!

sleeps in his crib all the time now (tear!)

has perfect neck control and now trying to sit up. I lean him back on the boppy a lot after feedings because it helps with his reflux ... but he grabs my shirt or hand and tries to pull himself up.

He's really interested in peoples faces now too. He loves to grab and pull your nose, lips, ear, and attempt to pinch your eyes! You gotta be careful lol! I let him go at it ... but he can be a tad rough too.

Graham loves our evening patio time too. He sits and watches the palm trees forever!

His hair has really thinned out a lot. For the past month or so I have to use a lint brush between all naps and sleeps or else I'd be laying him down in a puddle of hair! It seems to be growing back in the same color but we will see!

His eyes look light brown to me. Caleb swears he sees tint of green lol. For some reason Caleb really wants him to have my green eyes ... BUT I think Caleb's browns are in the lead:)

he is CHUBBY! And by chubby I mean ... 'hard to clean in-between his rolls chubby!' It's the cutest thing in the world! I was a really chubby too (they called me thunder thighs, and dangit I've struggled with those thighs my entire life! lol) ... so it was bound to happen!

I think Graham is starting to change in his looks some. Since shortly after birth he was identical to my baby photos ... but now sometimes he'll make a face or I'll catch a quick glance where I see his Daddy all over :)

He smiles ALL the time and is sooooooo close to laughing I can feel it! Anyday now ...

Graham startles (sp?) pretty easily. Infact for some odd reasons people that don't know Graham too well always try to make weird sounds at him ... so he cries, it's REALLY sad! His lips frown ... his chin then quivers ... then he cries!!! So I try to spend A LOT of the day making crazy noises and sounds right in front of him so he'll get used to them. I have to make the sound with funny faces and also talk to him in order to not scare the little guy!

I don't like to talk on my cell phone near him so I'll put it on speakerphone a little ways away if I HAVE to talk and he cries when he hears Caleb's voice! I think he knows his voice and gets sad trying to find him. ANyway ... so I make my Mom do the same thing with her cell if I call her from work ... and he cries then too!!! He makes a REALLLLY sad sad frown and gets too upset! -Heartbreaker- LOL

He really loves to see his cute self in the mirror. I sit in front of the full length mirror in my room a lot! We just talk and laugh etc etc and he makes the BEST faces!!!

He's honestly more of a blessing to me than I EVER could have imagined (And I'm pretty sure Caleb feels the same way)! We have so much fun ... and just when I think that he couldn't possibly get any cuter he sure does do something to prove me wrong!!


One morning my parents came over bright and early and cooked me a deliciously huge breakfast when Caleb was offshore!!! (I'm spoiled)



This was after a REALLY hot walk at my parents house! We sat in front of their huge garage fan to cool off!



I could hold this sleeping beauty forever ... but don't worry I always lay him down ;)







After a HUGE diaper blowout at Grandpa's house! Whew good thing I had extra clothes!



I think this was the last time I had to swaddle fussy Graham ... sorta makes me sad that he doesn't require the swaddle too often now. I loved wrapping him up to settle him in seconds!



He slept like a rock on the way to Father's John retirement party!



Feeding Graham at the party!



MY 2 FAVORITES BOYS!



I brought a new toy to entertain Graham ... and it worked! He was SO good the entire party :)


His FIRST rice cereal ... he was very unsure of what the heck to do with it. But don't worry ... he's a champ now and even opens up his mouth when I come with the spoon!



PRICELESS!



LOL I love these ...









"Mom .. what on earth is this junk!?!"












I can't wait to see Caleb try and feed him!:) They are going to be hilarious I already know!










I made the poor poor baby pose for his 4 month photo shoot tonight ... he was SOOOOOO tired his eyes were barely staying open! I'm sorry sweet Graham! But I failed all day to get them done ... and couldn't wait:)



My sweet baby boy!!! LOVE HIM!!!



I'll post pics after this weekend at the lake!!! SO EXCITED! I just hope we don't need a mini moving van for all the stuff I 'think' we need to bring! Hehe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment