Friday, March 4, 2011

03/04/11 38 WEEKS!

Today I am exactly 38 weeks! In a short 7 days we will have a new little baby in our arms! WOW! The C section is scheduled for March 11th at 0930! We will get to the hospital that morning at 7:30am ... check in ... vitals ... start IV fluids ... get a spinal (yuck!) ... and head to the OR for the most exciting event of our life so far! It feels SO WEIRD to plan something like this. A babies delivery is thought to be the most "unplanned" event of your life ... but not with us! :) It works for our family life though ... because Caleb is offshore so it'll be nice to make sure he's here! I love that at St. Lukes Graham won't leave my side (unless medically necessary) to go the the nursery! He'll stay with me in the OR, Recovery, and until we make it to a postpartum room sometime in the afternoon! Since Graham is breech and up very high in my abdominal cavity his movements at this stage are AWESOME! As most babies are engaged at this point and you can see/feel extremities, with Graham we see HUGE movements across my tummy that are so obvious because it's his entire body! It's AMAZING!!!! Sometimes he's punching/kicking/rolling at the anterior portion of my abdomen so much I think he's trying to bust out through my belly button! My skin will raise about 2 to 3 inches away from my body with movements! So much that Graham actually scared one of my patients yesterday when I was drawing blood! Haha it was awesome! We spend so much time sitting there feeling and watching him! My bump is very uneven at this point ... it's too funny! I'm not going to work next week which I'm REALLY looking forward to ... those long shifts were killing us! My legs, calves, ankles, and feet are totally unrecognizable to me now lol! It'll be really nice to do all my last minute cleaning and resting. I have my very last OB appointment Monday which I'm excited for! Will update again after that! Here are some pictures from last night ... after my LAST day of work WOOHOO!!!!



1 comment:

  1. YAY! You're so close! I'm excited for ya'll! Can't wait to see pictures very soon!

    ReplyDelete