Where does the time go?! Honestly ... our days and weeks fly by before I even know it! Our days are full of meal, naps, errands, laundry, dishes, etc etc. Sometimes I have to put our "schedule" aside and make sure we just relax and have fun! I love doing activities with Graham! I feel like if we are around the house to much he gets annoyed with our surrounding ... then causes mischief ;) He's learning how to test me ... and I'm having to learn how to "win!" This part of toddler-hood is tough! I'm trying to teach him my expectations and our rules ... but I really don't enjoy feeling like all I do for a solid 2 hour span is say NO! So I'll switch it up with DON'T instead ... really, same difference lol. It's exhausting ... sometimes. What's reasonable for him to get? What's too tough? Is he understanding what I'm saying?! ... oh yes, he is! Because when he pulls on the curtains he's looking at me LAUGHING?! Seriously?! Sometimes I sit back and am amazed how tricky it can get. But we are making it pretty good I guess. Sometimes when he does something "bad" we laugh .... ummm I know that's not the way to do it, but we just can't help it! We are getting better! I have some challenging days ... but then other days are perfect! Graham really is super sweet. He has wild times ... but then he has times he's calm, plays so nicely, and loves to figure out toys, boxes, blocks, etc. I don't read the parenting books like I thought I would. Who has time? Or why make the time? I'd rather be doing something else? We live in 2 week intervals ... when Caleb's home, and when he's not. It gets interesting. We are making more time for fun things lately! Visiting friends out of town and catching up. It's been really fun! We are blessed with great friends close and far! I hope everyone has a great 4th of July! We have a really fun one planned that I'm looking forward to! I'll post pictures next week!
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment